Makes 2 servings
Summer is here which means it is time to break out the grill! Sweet peaches, crispy romaine, and our perfectly spiced Rocoto Basil dressing come together to bring you a delicious and light meal.
Peach season is at its peak and this recipe is the perfect way to highlight the fruit. Peaches are considered a stone fruit because their flesh surrounds a hard pit, which somewhat resembles a stone. Peaches are packed with tons of antioxidants to help aid in skin health and slow down aging. The fresher and riper the peach, the higher the antioxidant content. Peaches also provide an excellent source of vitamin A and C as well as minerals such as potassium and iron. Be sure to check out your local farmers' markets to find the freshest peaches in town!
1 head romaine lettuce
1 tsp of neutral oil
2 tbsp pickled red onions
1 tbsp pine nuts
1.Cut the romaine lettuce head in half lengthwise and lightly oil.
2. Cut the peach in half, remove the pit, and lightly oil.
2. Place the romaine and peach on the grill over medium heat for around 10 minutes.
3. Once cool, chop the peach into bite-sized pieces.
4. To build the salad, place the romaine on a plate then sprinkle your peaches, red onion, pine nuts, and finish off with a generous drizzle of the Rocoto Basil dressing.
Rocoto Basil Dressing
1 cup Lemon Drop Cashew cream sauce
¼ cup packed basil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 large clove garlic
2 tbsp Rocoto Basil sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth consistency.
Notes: Add more hot sauce to get your desired heat level.