Makes 2 servings
These zucchini boats are packed with flavor from our new Rocoto Basil sauce. The rocoto pepper used in the sauce is loaded with vitamins A, C, and E along with anti-inflammatory properties. The addition of pumpkin seeds into the filling mixture creates a high protein and fiber-filled meal to fuel your day. These seeds are small but mighty when considering all their nutritional benefits. Packed with zinc and antioxidants, these seeds trigger the immune system to keep infection at bay. They lower cholesterol and optimize cardiac function thanks to the healthy omega-3 fats and magnesium.
¼ cup minced red onion
4 oz protein of choice (we used Beyond Beef)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp minced parsley
1 cup finely diced mushrooms
¼ cup chopped asparagus
¼ cup cooked rice
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp Rocoto Basil sauce
1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise then scoop out the insides to make a boat shape. Save the inside of the zucchini to add to the stuffing mixture or to use in another recipe.
2. Lightly oil your zucchini then place on the grill over medium heat for around 10 minutes.
3. To make the filling, start off by sauteing the onion in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat until fragrant.
4. Add in your protein and saute until fully cooked.
5. Add in your spices, mushroom, zucchini, asparagus, rice, and pumpkin seeds and mix to combine.
6. Finish off the filling by adding in the rocoto basil sauce. Add to your desired heat level.
7. Once the zucchinis are done grilling, scoop the stuffing mixture into the zucchini boats.
8. Place the stuffed zucchinis in the oven on a low broiler for 10 minutes then finish off with a drizzle of our Lemon Drop cashew cream.